Submit an Entry
We accept entries with the following characteristics:
- Judged by us to fall within the realm of technical communication.
- Put into use no earlier than two years before this year's entry
deadline (it can be a substantial revision of a work published earlier)
- Free of proprietary or confidential content.
- Comprehensible to judges whose only language is English.
If judging your entry requires the use of special equipment, we may have to make arrangements.
The fee for an entry is $89 if one of the three main entrants is an STC member. Otherwise, the fee is $199.
The fee for a student entry is $49. For this fee, all main entrants must be students.
An entrant for whom the entry fee presents a hardship can pay an entry fee of $39 for one entry,
regardless of STC membership. An entry in this category can have only one entrant.
If for any reason we decide not to judge your entry, we will return your fee.
To submit an entry:
- Download and fill out the entry form (a Microsoft Word file).
- Create a six-digit entry number to identify your entry.
Use this number everywhere you need to identify your entry (for example, on the entry form).
If you submit more than one entry, make the numbers consecutive.
- For each entry, prepare a submission package containing the following:
- 1 complete copy of the entry form. We keep this for competition use and do not
share entrant names or contact information with the judges.
- 4 abbreviated copies of the entry form. We provide these to judges. Do not include the pages
containing entrant information. Start printing with the page that begins "Entry Number (repeat information from the first page)."
Replace "repeat information from the first page" with the entry number and entry title.
- DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP: Email a copy of your entry form to
Make the subject of the email STC Competition Entry.
- 4 copies of each entry, each with one of the abbreviated
copies of the entry form. Do not include entrant information.
For electronically viewable entries, send electronic coipes (for example, on CD), or specify a URL on the entry form.
Mark all submitted materials inconspicuously (for example, on the inside back cover of a book)
with the number you created in step 2.
We do not return any of the materials you submit.
- Your entry fee (check or printed PayPal receipt) with the complete copy of the entry form.
To pay by PayPal.
- Send your submission package to:
c/o Gale Naylor
6650 Via San Blas
Pleasanton, CA 94566
We must receive your entry at that address by the entry deadline.